Monday, August 26, 2013

How did that happen?

A few weeks ago, we realized that Kara's permanent teeth on the bottom were coming in right behind her baby teeth in the front.  One tooth started to wiggle and get loose and we were watching it closely... waiting and waiting.

I pick Kara up from school on Friday and she tells me her tooth fell out at school.  But not the one that was wiggling, the one right next to it!


She told me the story of how it happened... she was wiggling her tooth, a boy accidentally ran into her and then her tooth popped out.  She didn't hit her chin or head or anything, the tooth just fell out and then her friends had to help her find it on the floor... Hmm...

So she wrote this note for me at school, just in case she forgot about this milestone when I picked her up.  In any case, she was happy to have her first tooth out and very excited about the tooth fairy's first visit.  And we're still watching the original loose tooth.  It's a stubborn little Kozuki tooth.

The cutest was Ben's reaction: "I don't want Kara to lose her teeth and get adult teeth.  I don't want her to be an adult yet."


No comments: