Monday, May 26, 2014

"I want to ride my bee-a-coe" and "I want to kick"

We finally broke down and got Jason his own vehicle... He named is Green Machine.  Since it's been so warm lately, he asks to ride his "bee-a-coe" as soon as he wakes up in the morning.


Now all of the kids can ride together, which is pretty fun... But Kara and Ben don't know that because Jason's is a newer model, it goes one mile an hour faster.  Kara thinks her battery just needs more charge.


Everyone got new goggles and we're ready to swim!


We weren't sure how eager Jason would be to swim, but so far, he loves kicking and doesn't mind putting his face in the water and holding his breath.  After he lifts his head up he says, "I did it!  I did it!"


Kara and Ben pretty much picked up where they left off last year... but the fear of having to take formal lessons kicked in for Ben and today, he was cruising with big arms and breaths to the side.  Nice.  


I think we'll be spending many happy hours in the pool this summer... and with the huge bags of sugar we purchased today, it looks like a lot of shave ice is also in our future.  Very nice!


No comments: