Monday, June 12, 2017

Can we do it again?

The day after school got out, we headed to Murphys for what we have all been waiting for... Tantie and Uncle John's wedding!

It rained almost the entire drive up... and we were refreshing the weather page every hour on our cell phones to see if the rain was going to stop and most importantly, if it would rain on Saturday.

Fortunately, the rain stopped in time for the rehearsal and many of us were in tears watching Tantie walk down the aisle with Grandpa, even though it was just the rehearsal.


We gathered for dinner at the Pour House and had fun meeting all of John's family and friends.  The only thing that would have made the night better was if the Warriors would have won Game 4 and swept the series... but the rain stopped, so really, we should not have wished for anything more.


There were fun and games for all ages.


And plenty of drinks for everyone as well.


Ben asked if Sho could teach him how to play Blackjack... and any good parent would jump at the opportunity to help their children with math, right?


It was wonderful to catch up with old friends and meet some new friends too.


On Saturday morning, the weather was beautiful... not a cloud in sight.  All the bridesmaids came over to the house to get hair and make up done.  One of Miwa's bridesmaids got some video of Jason getting ready for the big day.


The wedding was beautiful.  Everything was perfect.  I brought my real camera with thoughts of taking lots of great pictures... but as it turns out, we were having such a good time and just enjoying these moments, I left the photos to others and I'm so glad they shared their photos with me.


I will never forget how beautiful Miwa was as a bride and how happy she was on her wedding day.  I will never forget John's words to Miwa and about her, which made everyone cry and truly understand how much he loves her.  I'll never forget the emotions I felt seeing my mom walk in and see Miwa in her dress for the first time...


The kids were so happy to be in their first wedding.  Tantie and Uncle John made sure each of them had a special role in this very special day.  Ben was a ring bearer, Kara was a junior bridesmaid and Jason was the official party starter.  He was the first to walk down the aisle with his play guitar, lip syncing "Power of Love" from Back to the Future.


Miwa has a great group of friends... and Kara and I really enjoyed being with everyone as we surrounded Miwa with love!



So this might be the only wedding day picture I took... with my phone... but it's easy to see that Miwa and John are a beautiful, happy couple.  Congratulations!


I didn't get a chance to see Jason walk down the aisle, but I am told he rocked it.  I was worried that he might be shy and not really "get the party started" like intended, but I am told he did well.


What I can tell you for sure is that this boy danced ALL NIGHT LONG.  Miwa's bridesmaid, Marlene, remembers having a little dance off with Jason before and was asking him pre-wedding if there would be a repeat performance... Jason did not disappoint.  I'm grateful she captured this little video of our dancing machine in action.


There is so much that we will remember about Miwa and John's wedding... so many wonderful moments.  My favorite Jason moment goes like this:  Jason has been dancing for hours.  I try to bride him off the dance floor with soda, to which he replies, "later, Mom."  Then later I say, "they have ice cream sundaes!" and Jason says, "not right now."  Finally, he's all sweaty and I get him to agree to take a break to get a cold drink and I say to him, "Jason, they love you!" referring to the other guests and he replies, "Not when I'm not out there.  I gotta get back."  And with that, the break was done.

This morning as we're now back to real life again, I asked the kids what they thought about the wedding and Jason asked, "can we do it again?"

No comments: