Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Can I Stay With You?

This morning I told Jason that he was going back to preschool today and he replied, "but can I stay with you?"  Fortunately, he went to school without any drama or tears.

He's definitely growing up... when I asked him to stand with Kara and Ben for his first day of school picture, he insisted on posing with his hand on his hip.


Jason's teachers from last year commented on how much he's grown and how big he looks now... His new teacher confirmed that he is very talkative.  This is Jason's post-school picture after his outside play time and drinks at the water fountain.  He used to need a step stool, but today I saw him on his tippy toes getting water "all by myself".


At bedtime, Jason came and asked if he could sleep with me... I told him he was such a big boy and asked why he needs sleep in my room.  He quickly replied in his little voice, "because I your baby."  I'm already wondering how much of an emotional mess I'll be when it's his time for kindergarten.

No comments: