Sunday, November 8, 2015

Mommy's Work Event

Every so often I have to drive down to Los Angeles for work.  Kara has often asked if she can come with me to my "work event."  Most of the time, it doesn't work out, but this weekend worked our perfectly.

We started the morning by going to Krispy Kreme, where Kara was fascinated, as everyone is, by the process of their donut making.  We stood there and just watched those donuts float through the oil and make their way through the wall of icing...


And then to find that Krispy Kreme and Coffee Bean were under the same roof... it was perfection!

Since moving to central California, our love for Coffee Bean has grown exponentially.  If I'm ever in southern California, I feel it is my duty to find a Coffee Bean.  And then take a photo of my Coffee Bean.  Simple pleasures...


I realize that Kara has been coming to my work events for more years than she can remember...


Thanks to Kathleen, Kara was part of the team with her custom-blinged Donate Life shirt and name tag.  She was such a great helper and a really good sport.  I must admit, it was really fun to have her there.


On the way home, we talked about a lot of things, one of them being the people she met today - the recipients who are so grateful and the families who have lost someone they love.  We talked about gratitude and how it's important to be grateful for what you have... especially the things we sometimes take for granted.

After a long day and with a long car ride, I'm not surprised she fell asleep on the way home.


The moment I spotted her sleeping, it reminded me of her first work event with me...


I was reminded today how much Kara has grown during my time at OneLegacy and how lucky I am to do something I love and to be able to share that with her. 

No comments: