Thursday, June 9, 2016

Last Day


Since the kids have not had homework for the last two weeks, it feels like we've already been on break... but today is their last day of school and then summer vacation begins!





Clay always has Water Days the last two days of school and yesterday was for kindergarten thru third grades.  Siblings were invited to join in the fun and Jason had his swimsuit on at 8am just waiting for the Water Day to begin.




Sho commented that Jason looks like one of the gang already...



Ben has had a great 1st grade year.  He has lots of friends, but has two best friends who he really likes.  The best part is we like them too and like their parents just as much.




This is Kara's last year on the "little kid" side of school.  Fourth thru eight grade classrooms are on the other side of the sidewalk divide and they have different recess times... but truly, I've heard parents and teachers say that there is a big difference once the kids are in 4th grade.  As with Ben, we are reassured knowing that Kara has a great group of friends that will be right there with her.




With the end of the year and the excitement about yearbooks, I showed Kara and Ben my old yearbooks and in my kindergarten yearbook, on the front inside cover, I made a list of all of my "favorets" and then proceeded to draw a line under their names in my yearbook. 

So Ben showed me his yearbook, where he had put stars and hash marks showing how much he likes the people in his class...



Summer vacation... here we come!




No comments: