Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wareware wa sore o yatta!

I just googled a Japanese translation for "We did it!" so I hope that title is right!

We successfully finished our 2 week Medaka no Gakko session!  Kara was a good sport to come early each day and help me open up the church and all of the rooms and make sure everything was ready to go every morning.


Kara had a great time with all of her classmates, teachers and the fantastic alumni aides.  I enjoyed working together with parents who are truly committed to making Gakko an enriching experience for the kids.  


Saturday was the Undokai and everyone had fun participating in the various races and the water relay finale is always fun... especially on a hot day!

 
Since Sho is out of town for a conference and Grandma and Pampa had to be out of town for a memorial service, I called in the reinforcements!!  Thankfully, Tantie and Uncle Todd were available to come and help watch the boys while Kara and I finished up Gakko.  We all enjoyed a fast food picnic post-Undokai because in the last two weeks, I have not mopped the floor and I think I've gone grocery shopping twice.


In the spirit of community, we made it out to the Visalia Obon on Saturday night.  The kids did well; I guess they really have been paying attention at practice.  And Tantie and Uncle Todd picked up the dances quickly, so Parlier represented!


On Saturday morning (after a long day, then Open House where we got home around 11pm), Kara asked, "when do I get to sleep in?"  Today Kara slept until 7:45am and our floors are clean.

No comments: